Monday 9 April 2012

Bringing it home

Shopping on holidays is almost expected, it seems that we need to buy something from a foreign land and bring it home to remember the great time away we had. In Egypt the street vendors had rows of silver necklaces in so many designs and sizes that I couldn't choose which one I wanted to take home with me.

A lot of the jewellery was handmade and the fact that I had seen nothing like it at home made it more desirable as I knew I wouldn't be able to find it again. Like most tourists I probably paid more than I should have but at least I'm not alone in that.

The quality of the sterling silver necklaces and bracelets was very good, and the workmanship was close to flawless. We had seen in other countries in similar street markets jewellery that looked like it had been made by blind monkeys with a hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be manually reviewed before publishing