Wednesday 7 March 2012

A day at the shops

Last year I decided to see what other jewelelry stores were up to, this is what happened:

Today (Sunday, July 10th 2011) I went to the Robina Town Centre (at home on the Gold Coast, Queensland) to practice a bit of industrial espionage.

It's always best to keep an eye on what the competition are up to, so we can make sure that we are keeping ahead of them.

I was wearing a 21cm gold plated silver bracelet (no, we don't sell them) that is about 4 months old and is showing signs of the gold plating wearing through.

It's a fairly chunky bevelled diamond cut curb chain , weighing in at 38.3 grams, so it would be about 42.1 grams in 9ct gold. (9ct gold is about 10% heavier than the same chain made of sterling silver.)

The cover story was that I was unhappy with the plating wearing through and I wanted to buy a similar chain in solid 9ct gold.

I would of course be shopping around and wanted to take a photo so I could get the approval of my better half before purchasing a new chain.

The first challenge was to find a similar chain to get a fair comparison. The second challenge was to get detailed information (weight) on the replacement chain.

full article

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be manually reviewed before publishing